Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rope Swings and Family Love

"The best two dollars I ever spent..." That's what Chris said about this rope. You can't see from the picture but when you swing a bit farther you go out over the yard a bit. This picture was taken in the late summer of '08, not long after he got back from Ghana. Swinging on it with Eric pushing was Eric's reward for helping with the yard.

Eight weeks ago tonight I was holding my husband knowing that our earthly hours together were very limited and this little boy held his dad's arms around me so he could hold me back...saying "I'll help you hold her dad."

Two dollars of rope, mowing the yard together, swinging on a swing, holding very weak arms up, that's love, that's family and this is a glimpse of the depth of our loss.

Tonight, we reaffirm our belief in a loving God who sees ahead of us and shows the way, who will empower us still to be family and to love. And tonight I am grateful that, despite the depth of our loss, He holds, loves and embraces MY husband and THEIR dad in His heavenly arms.

Grace for your journey,
Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment