Friday, August 27, 2010

August 28th

Tomorrow we celebrate Chris' birthday, August 28, 1963.  He would be 47.  This year his birthday is more for us than for him.  Scripture teaches that time doesn't really exist in heaven and that a day is like a thousand years.  I truly rejoice with him that he is fully in the Presence and knowing a peace and blissful grace that I can only touch on and imagine. Tomorrow I will remember all the birthdays we shared together.  With the exception of his 45th birthday, which he had while in Ghana, we shared every birthday from his 22nd until tomorrow, 23 of them in all.  He never once failed to praise my baking or not be abundantly grateful for even the simplest of gifts.

So, tomorrow morning about nine in the morning the kids and I will head to the Lemay Car Show, a yearly pilgrimage of Chris and Eric's and of mine last year.  We will stop by the post office to drop his birthday present in the mail, a gift to Women's Enterprises.  We'll get dinner out and have cake.  August 28th will forever be etched in my heart as a special day.  Happy birthday sweetie! 

Grace for your journey,
Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment