Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trust

This arrived in my email box this morning:
"If I didn't have spiritual faith, I would be a pessimist. But I'm an optimist. I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right." -Billy Graham

It's all going to turn out all right? Even MY life?? Even that of my kids?? Yes! Apparently even for us and for each of you. It's all truly going to turn out all right because of our Loving God. At closing in on five months since Chris was born into the new life with Christ, I have begun to find snippets of normalcy. I'm praying for a couple of people specifically right now, one who is facing significant physical issues, another who is facing emotional ones. Is life going to turn out all right for THEM?? Yes, for them too. Will my prayers be answered in the ways I am hoping?? Perhaps or perhaps slightly differently or radically differently but they WILL be answered. And healing of body, mind and spirit will come.

I used to throw salt over my shoulder when I spilled it on the table. It seems silly to me now but I remember it vividly. I used to say "take that back" when someone would say "well I could die tomorrow." That seems not only silly but wrong. Control in life is an illusion for us...and yet we are invited into relationship with One who will guide, protect and care for us always. It's a promise. It doesn't always go according to OUR plans or what WE think is the best outcome, that's the downside of that mirror dimly seeing that we all do. When you allow yourself to embrace the fact that you don't have to try and control things, that you really ARE genuinely loved and held by God, there is a peace that takes over your life and a pure energy that fills it. Staying in relationship doesn't mean understanding anymore than we ever have, it only means staying in relationship and knowing that this Great Mystery really does have you. And I believe with all that I am now that it really is all going to turn out all right. God is God and we are not.

Grace for your journey,
Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment