Sunday, February 28, 2010

Church

We went back to church today. I don't know why we ever stopped. For the last three weeks, Swedish and sepsis have so held our attention that we didn't make it to church. Given Chris and his views about worship, I know that he would have wanted us there but somehow we just never made it. We almost didn't today. Chris had another chest tube put in this morning, Swedish called to tell me it was going to happen, I needed to sign, etc. My first thought was oh well, can't make it to church. I'm ashamed of that now. Church is medicine, medicine we need badly and it was good to be there.

How many times do I do that to God?? How many times do I basically say oh well that devotional practice has to wait for now, I'm too busy, or I can't make it to church, I'm too tired. I'm grateful God doesn't take that attitude with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment