Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Romans 5:3-7

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

This was the passage my bible fell open to this evening, when I was sitting down to read something for Chris and me. I wanted to take a short break from John. Rejoicing in suffering?? And yet I feel SOMETHING, it's hard to call it rejoicing because I hurt to see him hurt but I do know that we are growing, growing as people, growing as a family, growing in faith. And I believe Chris is also growing in faith. He is supported, sustained and loved through your prayers, your emails, your love. Thank you seems so inadequate that I am ashamed not to have the words to share my heart.

Continue to pray for him please. He is making small forward moving baby steps and doctors are encouraged and through it we are each learning perseverance. I pray, in time, our characters reflect the goodness and the grace of standing in the Presence of God amidst the hardest thing any of us has ever done. I pray that character produces great hope in each one of us. We are forever changed, we are forever new, we are forever in awe of a Savior that holds us tightest when life is hardest and we are forever in awe of how He lives in each of you as you love us and lift us up to him.

Grace for your journey,
Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment