Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Daily Bread

I love those eyes...our children have them also. They may have my hair but they have their dad's eyes. For more than two weeks now, I have looked only into theirs but today I saw his again...barely, and with a lot of groggy blinking but enough to count for daily bread. Chris is SLOWLY waking up, the ventilator is turned down tremendously and during the night, while I slept, he did what is known as a spontaneous breathing test and, in classic Chris form, he aced that test and coming off the ventilator in the next two days is a real strong possibility.

I wanted to go to Antigua for vacation last summer, I found that settling for the nearby Lake Quinault wasn't settling, it was PERFECT. I wanted a new house in the U District, I am happy and peaceful with mine in Fairwood. I wanted a liver resection, I am happy just to have open eyes. Life is like that. God unfolds an amazingly beautiful and wonderful story for us amidst us making our own plans and there is always that Presence and a strong peace.

Pretty hazel blue eyes, so pretty God chose them for our kids as well. Happy to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment