Wednesday, February 10, 2010

KEEP PRAYING PEOPLE!!!

Doctors are ENCOURAGED at both the stability and the baby steps forward Chris has made overnight. They are zoning in on his portacath, that is used for him to get chemo, as the potential source of the bacteria that has caused this. Our liver surgeon, a heck of a great guy, is ready to pull it out today and get that area clean.

I am reading your prayers to Chris. I am reading the Gospel of John to him as well. After each miracle story, I am praying with him, reminding him that we worship a God that is alive and well and performing healing today just like then. I read the story of the wedding feast last night and I said to Chris, "At the touch of His hand, water became not only wine but fine wine. And this same Jesus is our Lord today. We claim the healing power and ask boldly for such a touch by Him."

There are NO WORDS to this experience and EACH OF YOU is as important as any surgeon, any infectious disease doctor, any nurse, anyone of us who sit with him...because you are praying. And prayer is medicine that is stronger and more important than anything here at Swedish. I am getting prayers and supportive emails to my inbox all the time, I spend the day reading them to Chris and we are sharing this with everyone. It's the power of the Holy Spirit that is at work in each of you that is helping him. Thank you for taking care of him in such a Godly way. Thank you for helping the doctors have good discernment.

So, keep praying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment